M. C. Dean, Inc. Electrical Apprentice (TSG) - Washington Metro Region in Washington, District Of Columbia
Electrical Apprentice (TSG) - Washington Metro Region
Location Washington Metro Area- MD/VA/DC
Apply Now (https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg04/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MCDEAN&cws=62&rid=9441)
An Electrician Apprentice assists in the installation of electrical equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
• You will assist with:
• Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
• Installing and mounting electronic controls, device, panels, sensors, and components.
• Performing interlock wiring as required.
• Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices.
• Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
• Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Reading contract drawings.
• Trouble shooting EMS systems, smart breakers, and relays.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Reliable Transportation
• Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
• Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record.
Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Vocational school or education training is a plus.
Applicants for this position may be required to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or demonstrate that they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled