M. C. Dean, Inc. FORK LIFT OPERATOR / WAREHOUSE - RUTHER GLEN, VA in Caroline County, Virginia
FORK LIFT OPERATOR / WAREHOUSE - RUTHER GLEN, VA
Location:Caroline County, VA
M.C. Dean isBuilding Intelligence™in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
A competitive salary
Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
401k Retirement Plan
Military Reserve pay offset
Paid maternity leave
The Warehouse material handlers / fork lift driver inspect and ship all different types of material for the different sites/jobs and run a warehouse style forklift.
Prior experience as a Warehouse Material Handlers is preferred (1 year), but not required. If incumbent has no experience, they must be found to be highly trainable in, data entry, and organization by the Warehouse Manager or Logistics Service Center Management during the evaluation process
• Operating forklift and pallet jack on a daily bases.
• Match freight bill and packing slip to all material being received and signed for.
• Inspect all material for damages, shortage/overage before signing for them.
• Able to enter the material being received into Dean Warehouse Solutions (DWS) against PO # or keyed in by hand if no Po is provided.
• Troubleshoot none PO material and be able to communicate with purchasing to find a missing Po#.
• Identify and enter into DWS model, serial and manufactures numbers on material as needed.
• Put material away in a neat and timely manner.
• Pull the correct material that is requested through a transfer ticket for shipping.
• Secure freight in or on various types of vehicles.
• Protect material from weather and damage while being transported.
• Answer question either through email or phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
• Must be able to read and count correctly while receiving, shipping or conducting an internal audit of all material.
• Keep all work stations, warehouse and other areas around M.C. Dean in a clean and professional manner.
• Able to operate and understand how a crane and all its components work.
• Weigh each shipment before it leaves the warehouse and write it on the pull ticket and material. ( If a scale is present)
• Assist other department with whatever is asked.
This position is physically demanding and often requires working indoors on a concrete floor and or outdoors while exposed to all types of weather conditions and while working in all types of environments. For example, the incumbent may be required to work, depending on the warehouse location and the time of year, in the heat, cold, rain and snow. This position also requires working at extreme heights, in the warehouse from a ladder or a piece of equipment. Additionally, this position requires flexible work hours. In order to get material received and or shipped on time, Warehouse Material Handlers are often required/asked to work overtime, weekends. The incumbent must work in the presence of customers and their representatives with little or no interference or disruption to the customer while maintaining a professional and courteous image.
Controlling operations of a forklift and pallet jack.
Basic computer skills.
Must be a well-organized person in order to maintain warehouse and material in a clean and organized manner.
Communication skills are a must.
Must be able to work independently as well with others and also multitask.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledVEVRAA Contractor