M. C. Dean, Inc. CONTROL ENGINEER 3 - CAROLINE COUNTY, VA in Caroline County, Virginia
CONTROL ENGINEER 3 - CAROLINE COUNTY, VA
Location:Caroline County, VA
M.C. Dean isBuilding Intelligence™in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
A competitive salary
Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
401k Retirement Plan
Military Reserve pay offset
Paid maternity leave
The Control Engineer III provides technical information and leadership to others working on a project to ensure that the work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design requirements; troubleshoots engineering related installation problems; acts as a liaison with the client and/or owner regarding the project process. Project size: greater than $1,000,000.
• Processes submittals, RFI’s.
• Posting RFI’s and change orders.
• Pricing, tracking and managing change orders.
• Identifying change orders and ensuring effective resolution.
• Maintaining as-built drawings.
• Documenting project issues/conditions.
• Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
• Submitting hours and cost codes.
• Planning and executing project completion and punch list.
• Preparing specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
• Submitting O&M manuals.
• Assisting in development of full estimate.
• Participate in KPR (Key Project Review).
• Managing coordination, detailing logs & schedule.
• Managing schedule updates.
• Identifying value added solutions & cost savings methods.
• Understand relay and relay equivalent drawings (generated by computer language).
• 4-10 years of experience as a Control Engineer
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
• Ability to demonstrate solid working knowledge of control and automation systems
• Design and evaluate manufacturing control systems
• Good working familiarity with electrical & ISA requirements and recommendations
• Writing and presentation skills, use of common office productivity software
• CAD production capabilities
• Ability to estimate hardware, engineering, software production, testing for signaling system projects
• Prepare and solicit pricing from prospective vendors
• Evaluate Vendor proposals
• Understanding of pre-written field test procedures.
• Ability to develop field test procedures.
• Experience working with: Microsoft Office, Estimation Software, Oscilloscope, Multi-meter, Various Railroading hand tools
• Control system software for automation systems
• Field installation estimation, crew sizing, planning, and supervision
• Working relationship with major control system vendors
• Ability and desire to innovate
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledVEVRAA Contractor