M. C. Dean, Inc. Communications Technician 2 - Atlanta, GA in Atlanta, Georgia
Communications Technician 2 - Atlanta, GA
Location Atlanta, GA
Apply Now (https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg04/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MCDEAN&cws=62&rid=9488)
A Communications Technician 2 is responsible for the installation and assisting with Planning & Layout of communications cabling and equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards. As a technician you should have the work experience installing basic equipment which involves using hand tools and power tools, a basic understanding of Telecom Systems, blueprints and knowledge of codes and standards. Additionally, each technician must make every effort to become a qualified BICSI Technician. Telecom technicians are full time employees with company benefits.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
1) Knowledge and Safe Use of hand tools and various power tools
2) Wearing of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
3) Following Safety Policies and Procedures
4) Actively Participating in Daily Safety and Work briefings.
5) Installation various types of Low Voltage Cable
6) Installation, Inspection, terminating, testing, troubleshooting of ISP/OSP telecommunications systems (Fiber Optics, Category 5, 6, 6A, and associated equipment such as:
a) Various pathways and cable tray
b) Various Cabinet and Racks
c) Various Telecommunications Devices
d) Prefabricated Components and Assemblies.
e) Telecommunications Grounding Systems
7) Survey and document existing telecommunications infrastructure such as copper and fiber cables, active and passive components using electronic devices.
8) Sketch rack elevations, floor, and wall elevations.
9) Cable Technicians need to be able to train and supervise apprentices in a team environment to facilitate installing cable from Telecommunication Rooms (TR) to work area outlets (WAO) while following drawings and run lists to ensure cables are installed methodically and arranged in proper bundles at TR for ease of dressing and termination.
10) Cable technicians need to be able to perform Quality assurance checks of their team’s work ensuring cable install is performed within all applicable requirements.
11) Maintain a clean work area and participate in job site clean up
12) Securing company tools and materials daily
13) Up to 25% Travel which may include domestic and/or international.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
· 4 + years prior experience in commercial communications industry
· Be 18 years of age
· High School diploma or GED is required
· Must have an excellent safety record, a valid driver's license, and clean driving record in order to meet corporate eligibility requirements to drive a company owned vehicle.
· Successfully pass a background check and drug test
· Have reliable transportation to and from the jobsite
· Ability to pass basic telecommunication knowledge test
· Demonstrated experience and ability to read and understanding plans and specifications.
· Strong communications, time management and organization skills to meet deadlines and quality objectives
· Consistently report to work on time, work well with other to accomplish a common goal and maintain a safe work environment
· Wear long pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by six (6) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
· Provide basic tools from provided tool list prior to 1 st day of employment.
· Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
· Relocate up to a twelve-foot stepladder without assistance.
· Ability to work at various heights, can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, and all types of ladders.
· Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls, and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
· Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to distinguish color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
· May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
· See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
· Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
· Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
· Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
Active Security Clearance
Valid Passport and willingness to travel overseas.
BICSIcredentials to include Technician
Manufacture Certifications and/or Fiber Certification.
Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Applicants for this position may be required to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or demonstrate that they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled